Friday 13 February 2015

Book Lover

I really know I shouldn't... but I can't help being a bit into the whole Valentine's thing.

What I'm loving this year.

1. I will be spending Valentine's Day with four of my favourites - Mr S, my brother, sister-in-law and their gorgeous dog, Stella.

2. We will most likely be in a pub drinking beer and spotting the annual-one-night-out couples gulping soup self-consciously in the dining area. Then we will go home to play Cards Against Humanity.

3. I will be critiquing manuscripts from the students on a short story course I'm leading, which is a genuine delight and pleasure. I feel really lucky to be working with such a fantastic bunch of writers.

Ebb and Flo Bookshop, Chorley
4. Finally, this Valentine's Day, I'll be wishing I lived just a bit closer to Ebb and Flo in Chorley. This fantastic independent bookshop is offering blind dates with books. This taps right into my happy place.

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone x

No comments:

Post a Comment